Sunday, December 16, 2007

New lab results

I finally received my latest lab results on Thursday, December 13. My WBC count went up to 3.2 which of course is still low but excellent results! It still proves that I am not capable of fighting off infections. The best news is that Cytoxan has been working wonder for my lupus ANA count and the NEW count is believe it or not, down to 751! How good is that?!! From a count of mid 3000's, down to 2000's, to the thousands then the end of November it went from mid thousands to 937 to 751 in just TWO WEEKS! I can't ask for anything better than that! The doctor doesn't want to take me off of chemotherapy because things seem to be going in my favor. I do have to watch for my WBC, RDW, Neutrophils, lymphs, etc because the numbers have changed dramatically. So we'll see what the new results show in TWO WEEKS! I'm stoked I won't have to go through more needles just to find a vein for quite a while! It's a terrific two weeks I'm looking very much forward to!

I'll write in another post how all of this has affected me... especially at this time with feeling 'blah' .... or just ah... I'm trying to think of a proper word to use here... 'out there' or even better, out of sorts... if that makes any sense. Whether it makes sense or not is not important. It just makes sense to me!

No comments: