Monday, March 17, 2008

It's been quite a while...

It's been quite some time since I've posted anything on the blog. I haven't been on the computer much at all. When I do log onto the computer, it's just to download email w/o reading it and go back to sleep. I'm still on chemotherapy (Cytoxan)... Now I'm on anywhere from 150 to 100mg. For a while my WBC count was out of control. In December it was I think 2.0, then it went to 2.6 but after that, things took a turn for the worse. I was not able to ward off such extreme fatigue and besides that I was constantly getting sick. The doctors thought I may have had another pancreatic attack... turns out it wasn't that! Thank Goddess for that. It turns out it was gastritis. My WBC even though it was dangerously low at 2.6 at the time I was admitted dropped much lower to 1.1. At least my stay in the hospital was only several days compared to a couple of weeks prior to this recent illness.
I do sleep an awful lot. I'm just constantly tired. There are times when I sleep a couple of days straight without getting up. I'm just constantly exhausted. Lately I have been doing everything in my power to literally force myself to pull myself together. I still have a lot of trouble doing much of anything. I will always have a lot of pain no matter what I do. But at this time, doing anything that requires energy on my part is all that it takes to wipe me out a lot longer than usual. I have to have a lot of blood work done. I cannot have blood work done via the port or PIC line anymore. I kept having infections. So it's right back to the constant prodding, poking, over and over until a successful vein cooperates and blood is finally drawn. Today is the first day since January that my lab results showed my WBC is at 2.2! It's about time! I am quite anxious to get my energy back. I have to work on several other things that are very low in count.
When I am alert I bead whatever project I'm in the mood to work on... I of course read everything there is to about bead techniques and whatnot... I'm constantly fascinated with everything there is in regards to the topic of beadweaving, loomweaving, embroidery beading... I've been reading a lot about R.A.W (Right Angle Weave) and like so many other techniques, want to give that a try. I have been doing a bit of beading using the Ndebele technique, Herringbone technique and in conjunction I use the ladder & brick stitch with that as well as the peyote stitch which I almost forgot to mention. I am interested in seeing what I can do that is typically not done by beaders. I'm just one of those who do not like repetitions. The more unique the better for me. I just like art you are familiar with but just using it quite differently. It's a lot like David Chatt, he stands apart from the rest of the bead artist due to his style and his sculptures... He's an awesome inspiration to me. If he doesn't inspire you then I don't know who does. He truly fascinates me. Not to get off tangent, it was quite interesting reading about his travels overseas. I would be unbelievably honored to learn from David Chatt one of these days! Another artist that intrigues me is Margie Deeb. Her knowledge when it comes to colours just blows me away. I personally don't bead or do pretty much anything else without reviewing her book text-decoration:underline; "The Beader's Guide to Color". I am looking forward to her new book that's coming out in June. I could always use help when it comes to colours as I'm colour-challenged if that makes any sense. I even bring a small colour wheel everywhere I go. Sometimes I'll see something that will become an instant inspiration for something I want to do in regards to beading or other form of art... the colour wheel comes in incredibly handy when I'm jotting everything down... I might see rocks & stones strewn about... I'll take pictures of it and if I really like it, I'll start playing around with the hundreds upon hundreds colours of seed beads I have and colour the rocks and stones, etc and just keep at it until I come up with what I like. I tend to put my work down for quite a while and go back to it. I don't like jumping into something at the drop of a hat. I want to make sure I'm satisfied with the colours & the layout of the way I want the art piece to come out. More often than not, the work ends up surprising me because it comes out differently than I had in mind. That to me makes art all the more fun and certainly interesting!
When I have some free time, I would like to figure out how to make this blog a bit more presentable and personal rather than having someone else's layouts and whatnot. I especially want to figure out how to post pictures at specific areas of the blog. I'm a bit slow when it comes to learning how to do websites and whatnot. Technology in this sense isn't my forte! Nonetheless, I enjoy learning new things every day!
I will do the best I can to post a little more often. I wish you continued good health & much happiness always.

No comments: