Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy....

I cannot believe it's been since June since I've posted. Time just whizzes by and before you know it, it's nearly winter (which I despise).

Health-wise, I'm doing much better. I will soon have an MRI appointment for my right arm and neck. I have had bursitis on my right shoulder for years. This year I've had a combined total of four cortisone shots. I was so beyond bummed that none of the shots worked and it usually works very well. Right now it's so bad that I cannot even lift my hand up to my ear without experiencing blinding, sharp, piercing pain. I baby my shoulder so as not to aggravate it further more. Hopefully my doctor will find with the MRI readings something and treat it. I'm absolutely terrified of having any surgeries done on the shoulder. My hands, my arms, shoulders are my life. The thought of not being able to use my hands, arms, shoulder does scare me. We'll see what happens when I know more. I will report it so you know.

I have decided it was high time I get a job! I'm working part time for the time being and absolutely love my job! I've been working since 28 of August. It is a challenging job to say the very least. However, with a very cool head, sharp & very alert eyes and especially being way ahead on wits, things are fine. I work in a 'host' home. A Host home is a residential home with 1 to 2 residents who cannot live independently. A Group home is 2 or more residents in a home. Currently at this time we have just one resident in the house. I thoroughly enjoy working with the resident and with the employees. It's a lot of fun. Then again, there are times when the resident's behavior changes that can be very challenging. However, all in all, it's a lot of fun for the most part!
The major drawback to working is that I want to work a lot more hours and right now I am not able to work more hours because I'm what they call a "PRN" It basically means if a full time staff isn't able to show up to work, they'll ask one of us "PRN's" to work. There is a drawback to this. You cannot work full time like the staff who are working full-time can. I am going to wait a while to see how long I'm going to remain a PRN before I make any decisions. It's very important that I work now that we have to take care of two homes.

My husband as most know was relocated to Atlanta, GA due to a job relocation back in 1996. The place my husband worked at has permanently shut its doors with the last day being 26 of September. To our unbelievable surprise, exactly 4 days after my husband & I made the final decision as to where the best decision to relocate, we received notification via Fed-Ex that my husband has been hired to work where it was our first choice! That is quite unusual! We at least had two-weeks at our house in Atlanta to get things done around the house and what not. My husband & I left Atlanta October 9 and spent the night at a hotel I think in Columbus, Ohio. We then left the following morning and drove up to the far Northeast of Ohio. We saw just one apartment that we liked and moved in Monday, October 13. It was quite instantaneous! Currently I'm still in Ohio. I've been out here 2 weeks now and should be flying back home sometime next week.
We really like the people we've met thus far. Even though it's an extremely small town, the people we've met couldn't be any nicer. The weather up here is absolutely bitter cold and that's something we are not at all used to. I do not own a single jacket and out here, a jacket is an absolute must. Because I won't be out here every day, I've decided that a jacket just isn't worth it. I miss the warm weather and look forward to returning to the warmer weather. We're supposed to get upwards of 3" of snow. I'll believe it when I see it. I remember when we lived in NY when the meteorologist said it would snow and it didn't! I rarely believe meteorologists. What I see on the news in terms of the weather, I pretty much come to my own conclusions and that's that. However, as far as snow goes, I will truly have to see it to believe it. I just don't like the cold one bit. I don't like how it gets right through you and it hurts everywhere. I really shouldn't complain! I'm so very grateful that my husband is working.
It does disturb me that so many people are out of a job. It really does disturb me. I can't even think about the fact many of our hard working Americans cannot even collect enough money to make ends meet. It's very difficult. My heart really does break for our Americans. I'm sure it's just not our Americans who are suffering the extreme downfall of economic times... Our allies, Australia, Europe, etc are suffering just as well. I'll tell ya, I truly cannot wait until election day arrives. I really can't! It's unthinkable that we even have to be in a state of a recession. The hardest part is a lot of children and even adolescents simply cannot grasp the enormity of what's going on and yet what they want, they want. I hope this is a time for when parents can really sit down with their child and say look.... things aren't looking good in America and elsewhere financially. There's a difference between Want and Need. I always used to ask our children when they came to us with something they asked us to buy for them. I used to ask them is the item a want item or is a need item? They would then have to explain why such and such item is a want (or) need item then my husband and I would think about it and either get the item or hold off for a while and get it at another time. It always worked with our children who are now young adults in their 20's.

As far as beading goes... boy I've been beading here and there and in between, if you know how that goes! However, since I've been in Ohio, I haven't beaded once. When I sit down to bead, something comes up that I have to do. It never fails. I guarantee you one of these days I am going to find myself a nice cabin out in the middle of nowhere or even right on the beach where I'm guaranteed no one can bother me, and just bead to my hearts' content. I would like to do this for two to three weeks and then go back to society! lol. I'm quite serious about this though. It's just next to impossible to sit down and bead. During the time when I am getting everything set up, no one bothers me at all.... however just when I'm sitting down, how is it that whoever comes to me knows I'm just about to bead? Does this happen to you? By the end of the day I see my work neatly spread out but am so discouraged that I have to clean things up and try again the next day or so. It's maddening sometimes. Seriously it is!

I've taken a couple of classes at a different place and really enjoy this place. I have had no trouble understanding instructions and the instructors themselves. It's been really nice! A very dear, close friend of mine has been giving me instructions over emails and that I have to admit has been my personal favourite of mine.

Currently I have several almost completed projects. A couple that will take me a while to complete. And one that I will complete whenever the mood strikes.

I just cannot believe how very busy the end of the summer up until now has been so very busy. Now that my husband is living in Ohio and I'm living in Atlanta, it's going to be extremely different for all of us. We'll have a lot more bills to pay, a lot of flying back and forth and sometimes I'll be driving out to Ohio so our labs can see 'daddy'! All of this will take getting used to for a while. I believe in a few months or so, it will be quite difficult for me to travel out because of the snow.... I've lived up north over 32+ years and used to ski all those years and lived for the snow... drove in snow, etc... However since my illness, the cold does hurt and really aggravates a lot of the symptoms that I have. We'll see whether or not it'll be a doable thing for me to drive out to the far north east of Ohio...

Well.... it's been a long time since I've been up this late... I'm a night owl but not the past few weeks or so... I'm normally out like a light anywhere from 9 to 10... The moment I learned we can 'move' the laptop to where I am right now has me quite happy! I'm still trying to learn how to use this computer since it's so new. It's nice though! Smile...

I'll try my very best to post more often and when I can, I will post pictures once I figure out how to do that. I cannot figure out how to create a layout that I want. I do not want to use the layout that I currently have. However, for the time being, I simply have no choice whatsoever. I'll take what I've got! No complaints!

Till then my friends.... Keep smiling.....

No comments: