Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Can't believe it's already past the first week of May. Where does the time go?! As you can see, you have seen a little more changes on here. I am still struggling with some things. I cannot quite figure out where to add images, Ads, etc. I cannot figure it out. I just hope to eventually figure it out in due time.

I have signed up for 3 things. I signed up for the Polka Dot Book that's due May 30th. I will need to complete more than 20 pages of work involving Polka Dots... I'm looking forward to that! It'll be the very first time I will be receiving an entire book back from all others who have joined for this fun project! I of course will add the pictures after the book arrives. I cannot post the pictures of my work until after the project is completed and we receive our new book back.

The 2nd thing I signed up for is Robin Atkins project that will take one year to complete. The project is to let the individual who signed up bead one page a month for one year and then turn it into a book. It's a journal... If you are interested in joining, you can go to http://robinatkins.com/new.html. You can read more about it and sign up if you would like. It will start in June. I'm looking very much forward to this monthly project! I will be doing postcard size journals. If I do anything larger, I will never get it done on time to start on the next month's journal. The more who sign up for this, the merrier!

And finally, I saw in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, http://www.quiltingarts.com/cpsmag/cpshome.html
on page 42 - 45 there is a recipe card swap. There is one recipe my uncle's wife's late husband's mother (got it?)... is very well known for her famous plethora of dessert recipes as well as many bread recipes... this one recipe decided to make was just a bit too rich for my liking. I did not like the chocolate used. I'm sorry but I detest American Chocolate. It just isn't anywhere near as good or as heavenly as European chocolate is. So with several modifications I've done over a period of a few years, it became the biggest hit. I'm always asked to bring it to showers, weddings and parties. When I bring the dessert it's gone and not once have we been able to succeed in bringing even a spoonful left of it home or give it to the host of the party. So, I'll be swapping that recipe out and whoever gets it will definitely be the lucky one! I will have fun creating this recipe swap. I will have to figure out where on earth I can get vinyl as that is what is used to cover floaters. I'm not sure if I'm going to use floaters. I've got some time to think about this! I'll post pictures up when I'm done!

So... as you can see, besides bead looming, I'm keeping myself busy with other art medias as well. It's all in good fun!

No comments: